Home Departments Town Clerk FAQ's
Town Clerk FAQS PDF Print E-mail


Town Clerk Frequently Asked Questions

How can I obtain a copy of a Birth Certificate or Death Certificate?
Call the Town Clerk’s office 518-477-7145.


Am I able to pay over the telephone using my credit/debit card?
No, the Town Clerk does not accept Credit Card payments.

At what age do you need a Fishing License?
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation requires individuals age sixteen (16) and older to obtain a fishing license.  Individuals under sixteen (16) years of age do not need a fishing license, provided they are fishing with a licensed individual.

At what age does my dog need to be licensed?
The Town of East Greenbush requires all dogs age six (6) months and older to be licensed.  Proof of rabies vaccination is required. Dog licenses are issued at the Town Clerk’s office in the Town Hall. You must have rabies vaccination proof for the dog you are licensing. If the dog has not received rabies vaccination, it cannot be licensed. If the dog has been spayed/neutered you need that documentation as well. Once you receive the tags for the dog’s license, the dog keeps that same tags for the duration of its life and you just pay to renew it every year, either by mail or in person at the Town Clerk’s Office.
The cost for a spayed/neutered dog is $15.00; the cost for a dog that is not spayed or neutered is $20.00.

Can you get a passport processed at the East Greenbush Town Hall?
No, we do not offer this service.

Does the Town have a public dump site for dropping off debris?
Yes.  The Town of East Greenbush Department of Public Works operates the Transfer Station.  A permit is required.  For more information please click here: Transfer Station

Does the Town of East Greenbush collect and dispose of household appliances?
Yes.  Please refer to the link for more information or call 518-477-7012.
Once a year the Transfer Station hosts an appliance amnesty day, information regarding this event will be posted in the Advertiser and on the Town website.

 Does the Town of East Greenbush offer a leaf collection service?
Yes.  The Town provides leaf and brush collection in the fall and in the spring.  Dates of upcoming pick up dates will be posted on the Town website and in the Advertiser.

 I just moved to East Greenbush and I don’t know who my trash collector is.
The Town of East Greenbush has a Transfer Station which you can purchase a permit for, but the Town does not pick up trash.  A few suggestions would be to speak with your new neighbors and ask for their recommendations, ask which day of the week they service your area, contact the individual haulers to discuss their services, and prices, etc.

Authorized Trash Collectors for the Town of East Greenbush are:
Allied                                 518-785.7030
County Waste                  1-888-549-2783
Waste Management      1-800-476-6571

 If I want to speak to the Town Board, what is the best way to go about it?
The Town Board welcomes input from residents, and there is a question period at the beginning of every Town Board Meeting, at which time, you are granted the opportunity to address the Board on matters related to the Agenda. To reach the Town Board you can always contact the Board Members by email or by writing a letter and bringing to the Town Clerk’s office.

Is there a Notary Public at the Town Hall?
Yes. The Town Clerk and the Receiver of Taxes are Notary Publics.  The Town Clerk is available to notarize documents during her office hours Monday – Friday 8:30 – 3:30pm.

What do I need to get a marriage license?
Both parties need to be present. You need TWO forms of legal identification.  You MUST bring your birth certificate along with another form of id, such as a valid drivers license.  If you have been divorced, you need your FINAL judgment of divorce paper from EVERY previous marriage.  The cost of a Marriage License is $40 cash or check.  Marriage Licenses are issued Monday- Friday 8:40 – 4:15pm.

Does Department of Motor Vehicle have an office located in Town Hall?
The Rensselaer County Department of Motor Vehicles has a satellite office at East Greenbush Town Hall in the Court Room on Monday’s from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. DMV is closed all legal holidays.  For more information regarding services offered at this location please call 518-270-2603.

Do I have to renew the permanent handicapped permit?
Yes, it must be renewed every five years as required by New York State.

How do I obtain a handicap parking permit?
You can obtain a handicap parking permit at the Town Clerk’s office with a Doctor’s note and valid Driver’s License.

Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 June 2014 13:52

Upcoming Events

Dates & Times are subject to change
ZBA Schedule    Planning Board Schedule   Town Board Schedule   
**Schedules to be updated upon passing by respective Boards at beginning of year**
  • Feb 6 - 7:00 PM - Board of Ethics Meeting
  • Feb 8 - 6:00 PM - Town Pre-Board Meeting 
  • Feb 8 - 7:00 PM - Planning Board Meeting 
  • Feb 14 - 7:30 PM - Zoning Board Meeting 
  • Feb 15 - 6:40 PM - Public Hearing: Best Luther FD
  • Feb 15 - 6:50 PM - Public Hearing: 3rd Ave FPD 
  • Feb 15 - 7:00 PM - Town Board Meeting 
  • Feb 22 - 7:00 PM - Planning Board Meeting 
  • Feb 27 - 7:00 PM - Special Town Board Meeting 
  • Feb 28 - 7:30 PM - Zoning Board Meeting 

Town Hall

Town Hall
225 Columbia Turnpike
Rensselaer, NY 12144
(518) 477-4775 phone
(518) 477-2386 fax

Town Hall Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm except Holidays. Note that some departments operate additional hours as listed on their pages.

Click here to Find Town Hall and other locations in town using Google Maps

Employment Opportunities

Clerk - Building Department
Job Posting Details 
Building Department Clerk Job Description 

Employment Application
RENSCO Civil Service Employment Application  

Seasonal Opportunities
Now accepting applications for lifeguards and camp counselors.

Summer Camp Employment Application 2017


There isn't any images, Please upload via modules management in admin section

Regeneron Mill Creek SDEIS

To download all SDEIS files click here

Park Information and Pavilion Rentals

Park Rules and Regulations last update 2017
Dog Park Rules
For Pavilion Rentals and Park Questions call 477-4194
Facility Use Form and Pavilion Rates:
Facility Use Application
Beer/Wine Permit Application 

Standard Workday Resolution

2016 Standard Work Day Resolution

Website Comments

Please contact our webmaster with any comments, corrections, or questions regarding the website.
Contact info@eastgreenbush.org for general inquiries from the town.